September 8, 2018
Thomas P. Morahan Park, Greenwood Lake, NY
It’s back!!!! After a great time in 2017, we are doing it again.
This is a great race for all levels from beginner to elite! If you ever wanted to try racing or just try something new, this is the event for you… and we promise… the t-shirt will be cool.
Try our 1 mile fun race or challenge yourself and try the 3, 6 or 12 mile course. Our 12 mile elite course will travel from NY to NJ and back to NY.
A fun relay race for all will follow after our 12 milers come in.
The after party will be just across the water at the home marina to Jersey Paddle Boards, where food and a soft drink will be provided with race entry. Water will be available to everyone at no cost. Additional food/drink bracelets can be purchased on PaddleGuru or on the day of the event for non-racers. Alcoholic beverages are BYOB or, AFTER the race, can be purchased next door at Tortuga and be brought back over.
***The day of the race is also my husband’s (Al) birthday, so a big celebration will follow.***
All proceeds will be donated to The GWL Skatepark Project & GWL Teen Center.
Parking is limited at both locations, so we will have attendants on site with instructions for this.
- 1/2 Mile Grom Race: SUP, kayak ( 6-11 ) (must have adult escort paddling nearby, wearing PFD, and be comfortable on the water) (escort has no race fee for Grom race)
- 1 Mile Fun Race:SUP, Kayak, Prone, Oar Board, OC1 (12-17) (18-49) (50 +)
- 3 Mile Race: SUP, Kayak, Prone, Oar Board, OC1 (12-17) (18-49) (50 +)
- 6 Mile Elite Race: Course will cross over into NJ and then back into NY. SUP, Kayak, Prone, Oar Board, OC1 (18-49) (50 +)
- 12 Mile Long Distance Race: Course is the full distance of the lake, covering both NY and NJ. SUP, Kayak, Prone, Oar Board, OC1 ( 18-49) (50+)
- 4 Person Fun Relay Race: SUP, Kayak (teams will be formed day of race)
- Supsquatch Race: (teams of 6, formed day of race)
All other craft types are welcome to race (crew, etc…). If you do not see your craft type, please choose “other” and email us what you will be racing.
All races are water starts and beach finish. Sign up by Aug 20th to be guaranteed a shirt.
Racer registration includes race, shirt, goodies and after party including buffet. Non racers are welcome to the after party and can purchase a bracelet for buffet.
This will be a WPA sanctioned event, however it will be a non-points race. All WPA racing rules and regulations will apply. All paddlers 14 and over must wear a USCG approved type III PFD or have one attached to their board. Leashes are required. All children 13 and under must wear a vest type PFD and use a leash. No exceptions.
Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. Event will proceed rain or shine, unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Committee.
We will NOT have race day sign-ups.